Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Pengapit Terjun

The moment I wrote this entry, it signified that I've been enlightened and trusted with such an "honor" being a pengapit terjun or orang kampung cakap "bestman" for my cousin last Saturday. pergh, ayat xleh blah. :p Just to share it with uols, it was truly such an amazing, splendid experienced and perhaps I might jogged down in my diary as one of my glorious day in my whole life being a sudden bestman with nothing else to support me apart from my benevolent heart towards my family. huhu

It began when I was asked to wear a complete traditional baju melayu with sampin and songkok. At first I thought that the order was intended for the bachelors simply for us to suit our attire with the main event on that day. So...without any doubt, I just wore one without any songkok first. Hey, it's not like I'm afraid it will mess up with my hair or wax okay. Simply because it was way too early in the morning about 10 am. huhu. Whereas I've been informed earlier that the bride and groom shall arrive after the zohor prayer.

As the house was completely stuffed with visits from families, friends and neighbors, I thought that it's not appropriate for a single bachelor as mine to simply lepak-lepak around the kitchen doing nothing than spying on the topic that makcik-makcik were gossiping. So, I went out and lepak on the couch reading news paper. And the moment began when I heard some makcik-makcik kept asking "ni ke pengantin nye?"....err, I was like..."eh, xde la makcik. anak buah je." with a sweet and tenderness smile crafted on my face. :p

I'm still able to control my gentleness and composure as I've been expecting few torpedos similar like what I've had for the previous week about my so called "single" status. As nothing attract my attention that morning, I continued reading shin chan and gelak senyum sinis sorg2 as if I dont' care what other may think about me. LOL. At that time, one of my nephew is sitting next to me along with my mom. As we were having such a conversation, my maksu and my niece came direct to us asking for my cousin to become the pengapit for his older brother.

These so called sudden changes in the initial plan was due to the mis-communication between both parties as the previous pengapit only brought along a light green baju melayu prepared simply for the intended occasion. Whereas in this case, they are looking for a quite dark grey or combination of dark red and greyish a bit simply to perfectly suite the colour of the maid of honour's dress which is light silk pink kebaya or kurung moden.

Trang ta ta...there you goes. The brother refused to become the bestman. What else can I say, I was there with a complete baju melayu + samping staring at them. Tup tup, I've been requested to give an aid to them and as one of the family members, I just can't help it by simply nodding my head and agreed to them. huhu. At first, I asked my mom, what should I do and not to...but she's busy serving and welcoming guess and I just don't want to create a scene there. So, what I did was I just sit back and relax a bit and wait for the moment to arrive.

About 1 noon plus, me myself in a full suit baju melayu + sampin + songkok waited at the entrance of the main road to our house. Then my mom asked me to change my crocs with my working shoes. OMG, there I rushed things out and luckily I managed to find one and sempat lagi polish a bit here and there. :p. Only God knows how my heart pounding like there's no tomorrow with cold sweats when I've to payungkan pengantin and walked on the path of fame with them slowly step by step (aku wat catwalk time minggu bahasa kt skolah dlu pon x cuak cenggini). As you can see here, my height is about 1.58 m and my cousin is about 1.65-1.70m. huhu. But, I still manage to control my nerve and I pray that everything goes well.

What I can shared with uols was that, you'll definitely feel that you are the howtest person on earth as you're like "tumpang sekaki" the popularity of the bride and the groom. Everyone want to take your pictures with bottomless flash here and there (to be exact the bride and the groom picture :p). Then come over to the "bersanding" and to tell you the truth, it's much and much more fun and full with excitement rather than your worried. Reminder for the bestman, always bring a face tissues with you no matter where you are. huhu. Got a chance to learn new things there and got attacked by numerous people during the adat renjis merenjis. hehe. Truly magnificent and priceless experienced.

Thou my expectation on THAT day was definitely hit the jackpot with hundreds of ques about "hey, pasni ko lak", "ni dah jadi pengapit ni...x lame lagi la ni"....I'm quite delightful and at peace. It's no matter what others perception about me or THE expectation towards me, I'll be glad to answer them with nothing less than a million dollars smile on my face. Sweet, tender, juicier and irresistible smile. Insyallah, my time will come up later. Who know's right. :)

Last but not least, to my dearest cousin and his bride, Hafiz n Lily......congratulations on your wedding and I'm wishing you with nothing less than endless happiness and merrier life. :D

Picture of me with my lovely mom, the bride and the groom along with the maid of honour

No comments:

Post a Comment