Monday, August 23, 2010

Leased Organ - Missed Payment - Died

I ain't having any plan last weekend, so I though that it should be okay if I just spend my morning time watching movie in the cinema. Thou at this point of time sleeping is much more meaningful rather than going out and burn your cash, I just can't sit down and enjoy myself without a plan on weekend. Reason wise, I've spent about a day last Saturday watching my car being serviced at workshop downtown - while she's been godek2 by the mechanics, me myself sitting down in the lounge watching tv from morning till end of noon.


Synopsis:-
Set in a future where health care reform has all but failed, the movie follows Union employee Remy (played by Jude Law), an average family man who pays for his suburban home by tracking down those individuals who have purchased artificial organs (artiforgs) on credit but who cannot meet their payment obligations. Once he finds them, he must repossess their artiforgs, which means...well, if you've ever seen the "Live Organ Transplants" sketch from Monty Python's The Meaning of Life, you know what that means: opening up the individual and returning the artiforg to the Union. But a repo goes wrong, putting Remy into a coma; when he wakes, he learns from his boss (Liev Schreiber, playing it with smarmy gusto) that he's been given an artificial heart to save his life.

Upon release from the hospital, his wife Carol (Carice van Houten) throws him out, refusing him even visitation with his son Peter. When Remy falls behind on his payments, he runs away with a woman (Beth, played by Alice Braga) with more artiforgs, and therefore far more to lose, than Remy. (When she learns, in one of the movie's most heavy-handed bits of symbolism, that Remy has an artificial heart, she tells him that that is the only part of her that isn't artificial.) A repo man tracks them down but is killed by Remy, leaving Remy's former partner and childhood friend Jake (thanklessly played by Forest Whitaker), to track him and Beth down before he can find a way to remove their payments from the Union's databases.

I've been waiting to watch this movie ever since I first saw the preview months ago. From the thriller showed earlier, it's kind of a piece of art and full with outrageous scene. Nevertheless, I found myself disappointed, a bit clueless and shivering in cold of the air-conditioner instead of fear. And I hate to say this, it's somehow promoted violent from the beginning till the end - educating people to corner their potential client to the very end of the road while hiding the truth from them. (basically, this is what we DID in our daily life):P

There are scenes in which I personally thought that has been carried out way to smoothly especially on the life taking part. pergh, blood spill all over the place (dah cam banjir kt pakistan dah) and it was truly a massacre, a night mare for each living things on earth. These so called repo man is somehow either an ex-army or to be exact, a serial killer who have found a space to live on executing their "task" thru their very own way and is acceptable by the community. OMG.

What I found the most bizarrely effective scene was when a man and woman kiss, caress and embrace passionately, while cutting deep into each other's body to nullify all their debts - it's a savage version of "I'm really into you". Man, that scene almost knock me off that day. Luckily I'm kind of immune to blood (I wish....hahaha).

Despite how tragic the movie is, there are still lessons in which we could learn especially on the importance of keeping a great care of our health. Blame me not, technology and science might save us and keeping us artificially breathe and alive as what we are - with the assistance from an artificial heart, lungs, kidneys, etc. But, it never come across any closer to bring the total happiness and peace of mind. Should this phenomenon somehow actually take place in the future, how are we going to survive. People tend to take things...ops I forgot...people tend to take EVERYTHING for granted. And thru this, I hope we can "steal" a minute in our life to think back about our mistake, our sins towards our health, our very own body. (sinis babe ayat ni...LOL)

Another thing in which I wish to highlight here is about the true meaning of friendship - it last forever and ever and ever and it's priceless. Thou we might argue about Jake's action which caused Remy a sudden changed of heart. But, at the end of the day you'll realized the important of having a partner who truly appreciate you for who you are and those who are willing to sacrifice almost everything for the sake of "helping" their love one.


P/S: If you wish to bring your love one to watch this movie, I proposed you bring along a shawl or something to cover your eyes when those scene played later.

No comments:

Post a Comment